Parkland Walk Islington
This page provides information on the section of Parkland Walk in Islington that stretches between the entrance at Blythwood Road and the footbridge just before the platforms at the old Crouch End Hill station. This area includes the acid grassland and the area below Ashmount School with the skateboard ramp. Information is provided by Louisa Roscoe, Nature Conservation Officer for Islington. Any enquiries should be directed to Louisa (details at foot of page). A full event programme for August and September can be downloaded as a pdf from here: PDF
NOTE Part of Parkland Walk will be CLOSED for 1 Week: Mon 25 Sept – Fri 29 Sept
From the Blythwood Road entrance to Crouch Hill Bridge: all of this section of Parkland Walk will be closed to the public. See the map for diversions.
The closure is for scaffolding to be installed under Mount View Road Bridge for essential repairs. Engineers have identified that there may be a risk of falling masonry from under this bridge, so the scaffold will form a platform to prevent any masonry falling on the path below. In order for a full bat hibernation survey to take place in the winter, the scaffolding and platform will remain in place for several months before the repair works take place.
Once the scaffolding has been installed during the week of 25th September, this section of Parkland Walk will be open again.
Volunteer information for activities with the Islington Nature Conservation Team
- You will be helping with practical nature conservation tasks, so it’s important that you come wearing clothes you don’t mind getting dirty, and sturdy, sensible footwear. We may be able to provide boots, please phone ahead to check we have your size.
- We will provide you with all the safety equipment you may need during tasks, including gloves.
- All equipment and tools are provided, please do not bring your own tools.
- We also provide reasonable expenses for travel and lunch, so please retain your receipts and bring them with you.
- your receipts and bring them with you.
- If this is your first time volunteering with the team, please call us first on 020 7527 4374 to discuss.
Thursday 2nd November, Islington Crouch Hill* 10.00 - 15.30 MAP
Spriggan banks and late autumn tidy. We’re managing the banks by the Spriggan sculpture and keeping paths and entrances clear. A range of tasks looking after the woodland area with Islington Nature Conservation volunteers.
Nature Conservation Officer
Islington Ecology Centre
Gillespie Park Nature Reserve
191 Drayton Park
London N5 1PH
Telephone 020 7527 4374 or 020 7527 4383