Parkland Walk Islington
This page provides information on the section of Parkland Walk in Islington that stretches between the entrance at Blythwood Road and the footbridge just before the platforms at the old Crouch End Hill station. This area includes the acid grassland and the area below Ashmount School with the skateboard ramp. Information is provided by Louisa Roscoe, Nature Conservation Officer for Islington. Any enquiries should be directed to Louisa (details at foot of page).
Volunteer information for activities with the Islington Nature Conservation Team
- You will be helping with practical nature conservation tasks, so it’s important that you come wearing clothes you don’t mind getting dirty, and sturdy, sensible footwear. We may be able to provide boots, please phone ahead to check we have your size.
- We will provide you with all the safety equipment you may need during tasks, including gloves.
- All equipment and tools are provided, please do not bring your own tools.
- We also provide reasonable expenses for travel and lunch, so please retain your receipts and bring them with you.
- your receipts and bring them with you.
- If this is your first time volunteering with the team, please call us first on 020 7527 4374 to discuss.
9th March 10am to 3.30pm:
Volunteers will be carrying out a range of spring management tasks on the Parkland Walk. Meet at the Crouch Hill entrance opposite Ella Road. Bus W7.
Nature Conservation Officer
Islington Ecology Centre
Gillespie Park Nature Reserve
191 Drayton Park
London N5 1PH
Telephone 020 7527 4374 or 020 7527 4383